It‘s Election Day in America on Tuesday, November 8, 2016. And we all need to exercise our right to vote. If you are a person of faith, as I am I suspect this election has been quite difficult for you. This election has NOT reflected Christ, God or anything honorable. Our whole nation has been sullied, and violated with scandals, investigations, video-audio tapes about grabbing women by their private parts, and who was the worst womanizer, former President Bill Clinton or GOP Presidential Nominee, Donald Trump. It has not been a great election for America’s kids either. It has been an election that has really divided America and hurt our national image and standing around the world.
Here some quick things EVERY person of faith should consider as they cast their vote at the polls on Tuesday, regardless or party, race, or region.
- Which candidate best models who I am in my day to day living?
- Which candidate shares my values as a man or woman of faith?
- Which candidate has the temperment to engage world leaders, the Congress and Americans daily?
- Which candidate models the behavior of Christ in the lives?
- Which candidate will bring honor and prosperity to America? These are the five questions I asked myself when I voted last week. And honestly neither candidate was high on my list. But I had to go with my moral conscience in this election because it matters so much. In this election your vote really matters. Please take the time to meditate on scriptures. Seek God and vote your values. May God bless you. And God Bless America.